Become part of the Papyrus Author Team.
Papyrus Author has helped authors write better books for more than ten years in Germany. Our software stands apart from its competition because we connect every step of the authoring process, from mapping out an idea, to writing your first page, to producing the ready-to-publish e-book. We love giving our users the tools to work smarter and provide a polished and comfortable writing experience.
2019 will be the year of our international expansion. After years of developing and fine-tuning our English version, we strive to become a pillar of modern writing and self-publishing worldwide.
We develop and create our software in a familiar and compact work environment in Berlin’s hotspot, Friedrichshain. Our style is defined by flat hierarchies, creative solutions and fast decisions. We’ve been growing steadily since 1995–become part of our success story!
Currently we are looking for talents in the following areas:
You would like to join our team, but not on one of these exact jobs? Send us your independent application.
Talented C/C++ Developer / Programmer
You’re competent in C / C++ and are looking to join a classical, long-term software project. You love that C++ can do more than just embedded systems! You mastered modern and object-oriented developing methods as well as oldschool procedural programming.
What Awaits You
- Writing C++ code for a unique software that is deeply loved by its users.
- Development of new software modules and technologies in C++ and Qt.
- Modernization of the procedural C-kernel of our word processor / office suite.
- Design and implementation of innovative software in a great team. We all work together, questions can usually be discussed immediately. Everybody that joins a discussion understands software concepts.
- Co-development of our mobile version with Qt.
- Creating documentation for sustainability and maintainability of the code.
What We Offer
- A fulfilling and exceptional job, a permanent position, and competitive salary.
- Excellent work climate in a familiy-owned software business.
- The chance to rise into a key position in a stable and growing international company.
- Flexible, programmer-friendly work times.
- Being part of something that brings joy to its users. Working with authors is fun!
- Transparent work methods with git and Jira.
- Hardware requests are no problem.
- Feature discussions often happen during lunch get-togethers in Friedrichshain’s many restaurants.
- Sponsored fitness offers (130 top locations in Berlin), variety of free beverages, excellent location in Berlin.
Where You Shine
- Teamwork, eagerness to learn, stress resistance and a sense of responsibility.
- Excellent in developing software with C / C++.
- Experience in procedural and object-oriented programming.
- Unafraid to work with other developer’s code.
- Working with and thinking in classical / oldschool C / C++ code as well as modern C++.
- The odd “Goto” in the code won’t make you despair. At most a little.
- University diploma and/or adequate professional experience in computer science, especially C / C++ programming, developing and software engineering. You are self-taught without a degree? Convince us of your talent.
- Competent use of the English language. German can be useful, too.
Would you like to work with us? Send us your application to: email@example.com, ideally with an overview which software projects you were part of.
We’re excited to meet you!
Talent for PR, Marketing and Social Media
Papyrus Author has offered smarter writing for more than 10 years in Germany. Seize the opportunity to represent our innovative company globally! Help us introduce our software brand to the world.
We have more than 40,000 Facebook fans in Germany alone. Where can we grow together?
What awaits you:
- Developing an international marketing campaign and a strong social media presence.
- Supporting our social media channels, lead and moderate online discussions and questions and influence communities.
- Writing, editing and creating press releases and advertisement material.
- Representing Papyrus Author at trade fairs and writer events – meet the authors we develop for!
We are planning to set up a blog about writing and (self-)publishing with Papyrus Author. Your part in this project:
- Writing and editing articles, researching hot topics.
- Maintaining contacts with media representatives, journalists, bloggers and influencers.
- Management and editing of articles by external authors.
Who you are:
You are open-minded, work great in a team and solve problems independently. You are enthusiastic about your projects and quickly develop the right feeling for your target group – you know how to reach people.
What you bring along:
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. You command an expressive writing style. You enjoy presenting topics comprehensibly and creatively.
- Degree/education in communication, PR, journalism, or a comparable qualification.
- Very good knowledge of online communication and social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube…)
- At least junior experience in content creation, communication, marketing or PR.
Ideally, you also have:
- Skills in Adobe Photoshop or other image editing programs are helpful. What posting works without an image?
- Enthusiasm for creating videos? Support our upcoming YouTube channel!
Our small team and flat hierarchies give you the freedom to realize your ideas with initiative and creativity. The joy of our fans will make you feel that your work makes a difference.
- An exciting job in a permanent position with an attractive salary.
- Our customers are fascinating people: authors, writers and publishers!
- Excellent work atmosphere in a small team of specialists from various fields.
- Supported corporate fitness (130 top locations in Berlin), large selection of beverages & snacks and a perfect location in central Berlin.
- Your role is vital in the success of a unique software that is loved by its users!
Have you recognized yourself? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your application, your earliest starting date and your salary expectations.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Talent for Support, Customer Relations & Quality Assurance
As support agent, you will support our growing English-speaking community and help our international customers with all questions regarding Papyrus Author. With enough expertise, you become our customers‘ first point of contact.
What Awaits You
- You provide support and assistance for our customers via e-mail, telephone, forum and social media. For most questions, a sound IT-understanding is enough for finding a solution.
- More complicated problems will be solved with our help and after a guided learning phase with our software.
- After some time you will become an expert for all things Papyrus Author.
- You receive bug reports and prepare them for our software developers. When necessary, you investigate yourself and fill in the blanks.
- You find out where our customers frequently experience issues and develop documentation and find possibilities for improvement.
- If you are interested, you accompany us at trade fairs, presentations and training courses and become active yourself. Grow with us!
What We Offer
- A challenging and varied task in permanent employment.
- The opportunity to become part of an exciting expansion with an innovative product.
- Working in a small, modern and motivated team. We value flat hierarchies and a healthy work atmosphere.
- Education and good development opportunities.
- Stability. We’re a solid company that has been constantly moving forward since 1995.
- A fulfilling job. Working with authors is fun!
- Company fitness offers (130 top locations in Berlin).
- Large selection of beverages, great co-workers, and a perfect location in central Berlin.
Who You Are
- You have excellent written and spoken English skills, just as our customers expect of you. Communication is your strength.
- You have good practical knowledge in dealing with computers and software and can explain (technical) processes in an understandable way even to inexperienced users.
- You enjoy helping other people solve their problems and letting them learn from you.
- In customer contact, you don’t lose patience even in difficult conversations. You solve most problems with a friendly voice.
- You are a team player, communicative and stress-resistant. You know how to dig into a new topic independently.
Did you recognize yourself? Please send us your application documents with salary expectations and your earliest starting date by e-mail to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!